The Revolution Never Happened

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Summer in the City

DSC02935

The week o’ debauchery is coming to an end. Highlights include a lot of sleep and beverages. Saturday night was spent at Luna’s art show where I was chided for being the only singleton left amongst my friends. This begs the question, what role shall I assume in the coming months? Shall I be the sad single one that everyone feels sorry for and tries to set up on horrible blind dates for their own amusement? Or shall I be the slutty friend, that brings a new fling around every few days (rotating apartment door and STD’s included in the slutty friend starter kit). The answer to this will be revealed in the coming days. The star of Luna’s art show, other than Luna herself, was our very own Lavi.

lavi

Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday were spent on various patios around the city with two of my favourite people, Cat Lady Jess, and my roommate Chester. Lot’s of sweet fashions were out and about (including leather vest/no shirt man, and the 65 year old man with the Goldfinger hoodie, baggy jeans and wallet chain, you know its time to let go of your youth when…).

DSC02928
The Cat Lady

olgsandchester_1
Chester and Me

Also congrats to Natalia and Timmy on your engagement, although I still don’t believe you.

5 Comments:

  • i'm hideously jealous of your fun week off - i need a DAY off or i'm going to explode very shortly. congrats again on finishing uni...

    why couldn't chester have been around back in january when i was in toronto? he could've kept me company when i was sick :)

    By Blogger traveldeskguy, at 6:58 PM  

  • Sorry Michael Long, Chester was a mere dream back in January. Although I am looking into live animal transportation for when I come visit you in Perth in the next 1.5 years. BUT one thing we absolutely must discuss is my presence in the UK in July. I am at the G8 summit in Gleneagles during the first week of July but then after that, I am at your disposal. I propose a week o'fun in London or a week o' apartment hunting in Paris. Either or will do. Hopefully the latter. Provided grad school pans out.

    By Blogger Olgs, at 2:23 AM  

  • Is the Cat Lady taken?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:16 PM  

  • The cat lady is happily attached to her 55 cats.

    By Blogger Olgs, at 4:52 PM  

  • well miss olgs, i would absolutely love to be at your disposal...but it really depends on the timing. i'll be flying out to amsterdam on july 16th, and a concert on the 17th. but, if you're here before then, i propose a fine dinner followed by far too many cocktails in soho.

    and if it's after - well maybe we can hook up in paris...it's a short(ish) train ride from amsterdam to paris, so i'll come meet you there :P

    ooh it's going to be fun!

    By Blogger traveldeskguy, at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home