The Revolution Never Happened

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Daft Punk is Playing At My House

Cat Lady Jess and I went to see M.I.A. and LCD Soundsystem at the Opera House last night. As I was expecting the show to be hipster central, you can only imagine how shocked I was when the average age of the audience must have been in the late 20s early 30s range. Highlights included: 35 year old riverdancing couple, who felt the need to pay homage to Michael Flatly during LCD’s entire set, and the return of the undercut. I guess the undercut is a natural progression from the non-commital Euro mullet trend, but seriously, there is nothing flattering about it. The show was fun, the beers were cold, and the fashions were sweet (by sweet I mean questionable). My only gripe is that although LCD Soundsystem is, for all intents and purposes, awesome, it’s been done. – anyone remember The New Deal? Take James Murphy’s vocals away and you’ve got The New Deal circa 2001.

Les Photos:
DSC03057
M.I.A. (There is a reason I am not a photographer. The stunning quality of this photo is that reason.)

DSC03066
LCD Soundsystem (Not only do I suck at photography, so does my camera. Although I kind of like this one)

DSC03071
Embarassing Photo of the Cat Lady and Myself. It was so bloody hot in there, we look shiny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home